Blood donors are urgently needed to fill sessions in Hull and help rebuild stocks.
The sessions are:
- The MKM stadium on Friday, July 1, which is only 50% full.
- The MKM stadium on Tuesday, July 5, which is only 36% full.
- Hessle Town Hall on Thursday, July 7, which is only 50% full.
You can make the appointment at www.blood.co.uk, by calling 0300 123 23 23 or downloading the NHS Give Blood app.
Blood stock levels around the country have fallen, due to higher cancellations due to illness and the annual drop in donation over summer, when people are busy with holidays and events.
Blood donors with O positive are particularly needed. Donors of all other types are welcome, especially O and B negative.
Hospitals are continuing to receive all the blood they need but more donations are urgently needed to ensure stocks do not fall further.
Who can donate blood?
To become a blood donor you will need to:
- be generally fit and well
- be aged between 17 and 65
- weigh between 7 stone 12 lbs (50kg) and 25 stone (158kg)
- have suitable veins (will be checked before you donate)
- meet all donor eligibility criteria (also checked before you donate)