Awards that reward the region’s best, brightest, most successful and innovative tourism businesses will return in 2022 and will continue to be a route to national recognition.
The 2022 Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards, the REYTAs, organised by tourism body Visit Hull and East Yorkshire (VHEY), are officially relaunched today, culminating in an awards event in November 2022. This will see the return of the in-person awards evening following a successful virtual event in 2020 and a cancelled event in 2021. The REYTA’s had been postponed at the start of 2022 but will now return this November.
Now in their 12th year, the REYTAs are being run in association with the national Visit England Awards for Excellence 2023 and eligible winners will be automatically put forward to the national Visit England Awards for Excellence 2023.
The 2022 REYTAs have been further enhanced with new, additional categories. There are 16 in total, including one bestowed by the Visit Hull & East Yorkshire to honouring an individual who has made a significant contribution to tourism in the region.
A new category this time is the Remarkable Resilience and Innovation Award, which will recognise tourism businesses who have demonstrated innovation, resilience and adaptation, along with support for their local communities, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
In addition to these, the REYTAs also honour the very best, from major visitor attractions and events to hotels and accommodation providers, restaurants, pubs, cafes, food retailers and producers.
The REYTAs are open to all tourism businesses in Hull and East Yorkshire, large and small. Entry is free and easy to complete and can be done online, from today, by visiting www.reytas.co.uk
Entries must be in by Sunday September 11, after which a finalists will be shortlisted. Judging will then take place via independent panels and mystery shopping, ahead of a glittering awards ceremony, which this year returns to the Bridlington Spa on Thursday 10 November.
Councillor Mike Ross, leader of Hull City Council, said: “The REYTAs are a fantastic opportunity for businesses to showcase why they are so important to our region. It’s also an opportunity for our hard-working businesses and creatives to pause and celebrate what they have achieved.
“Some businesses will of course go on to represent Hull and East Yorkshire nationally, demonstrating the tremendous talent and unique draw of our fabulous region. Events like these are always a powerful and important reminder of the fantastic offer we have right on our doorstep.”
The full list of categories for the 2022 REYTAs are as follows:
- Remarkable B&B and Guest House of the Year: Recognises bed & breakfast and guest house businesses providing truly memorable guest experiences and demonstrating excellence across every aspect of the business.
- Remarkable Business Events Venue of the Year: Recognises business events venues that demonstrate an excellent understanding of the market, exceeding the expectations of their clients and have a strategic plan for future development
- Remarkable Camping, Glamping and Holiday Park: Large or small, but providing truly memorable guest experiences and demonstrating excellence across every aspect of the business.
- Remarkable Cuppa: Recognises businesses within the tourism industry that offer food, beverage and service innovation and excellence.
- Remarkable Ethical, Responsible and Sustainable Tourism Award: Recognises tourism businesses committed to being sustainable, responsible and ethical in how they operate and interact with customers, the wider community and the environment.
- Remarkable Experience of the Year: Recognises providers of truly memorable and immersive activities for visitors to participate in.
- Remarkable Hotel of the Year: Recognises hotels and serviced accommodation businesses providing truly memorable guest experiences and demonstrating excellence across every aspect of the business.
- Remarkable Local Producer Award: Open to producers, processors or growers of local food and drink products, vineyards, breweries, farms and co-operatives.
- Remarkable New Tourism Business Award: Recognises new businesses demonstrating excellent understanding of their market, exceeding the expectations of their customers with clear plans for future development.
- Remarkable Pub of the Year: Pubs that make a significant contribution to tourism in their area, with a food and drink offering that includes quality locally sourced produce.
- Remarkable Resilience and Innovation Award: Recognises tourism businesses who have demonstrated innovation, resilience and adaptation, along with support for their local communities, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Remarkable Restaurant: Open to food service businesses including restaurants, hotel restaurants, cafés, tea rooms, coffee shops, bistros etc. offering the option for table service.
- Remarkable Self Catering Accommodation of the Year: Businesses providing truly memorable guest experiences and demonstrating excellence across every aspect of the business.
- Remarkable Tourism Event: The best event or festival in Hull and East Yorkshire, providing a truly memorable experience to visitors to the area.
- Remarkable Visitor Attraction of the Year: Businesses providing truly memorable visitor experiences and demonstrating excellence across every aspect of the business.
- Remarkable East Yorkshire Passion Award: Someone selected by the Visit Hull & East Yorkshire Advisory Board Group who in their judgement has made a significant contribution to tourism in our region. Nominations are invited from the local tourism industry.